Administrative Assistant, Leadership, Management & Coordination (Part-time 50%) - Gavi, Geneva, Switzerland
|Job Title||Administrative Assistant, Leadership, Management & Coordination – Part-time 50%|
| Purpose of Position||Provide administrative support to the Leadership, Management & Coordination (LMC) team.|
| Team||CP - Management|
| Reporting to||Senior Specialist, LMC|
Career Step Level
The Administrative Assistant principal responsibilities will be to provide administrative support to the LMC team consisting of the following positions:
The assistant will also provide back up support to the Country Programme team during Senior Programme Assistant's absence.
- Senior Specialist LMC: providing overall leadership to the portfolio;
- Senior Manager Operational Guidelines (20%): provides support to oversee one of the LMC interventions;
- LMC consultant (50%): oversees project management responsibility for balance portfolio.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
- Efficient operation of the LMC team as related to administrative duties including coordination and communication with other departments of the Secretariat and Alliance Partners;
- Proactively working with Senior Programme Assistant and interaction with other CP Management team staff in providing support;
- Maintain a database of LMC contracts in close collaboration with Partnership Engagement Framework (PEF) team.
Daily administrative support to the LMC team including:
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not limited only to the tasks listed and may include other duties as assigned.
- Organising video/teleconferences/meetings (internal-external)/closely coordinating with IT service desk;
- Managing calendars, securing meeting rooms;
- Organising travel requests/subsequent travel claims reconciliation/visa requests;
- Preparation of contractual work and succeeding payments;
- Preparation of LMC related materials for meetings (agendas and documents);
- Collating time sensitive related documents & presentations;
- Provide administrative support to other CP Management Team staff as guided by Senior Specialist LMC and Senior Programme Assistant;
- Plan and organise own work, coordinate and set priorities, follow-through on projects to successful completion meeting deadlines, following up on assignments with a minimum of directions.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative role preferably within UN, NGO, or Multi-national Corporation.
- Familiarity with global health issues and partners;
- Good oral and writing skills;
- Ability to quickly learn Gavi proprietary software such as travel and procurement applications;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications (Microsoft Project and Excel);
- Work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious working relationships, both within and outside the organisation;
- Deliver high quality, accurate work within target deadlines;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and capacity to prioritise work to support multiple staff;
- Prioritise work under pressure.
- Demonstrated full spoken and written fluency in English;
- Good working knowledge of French required;
- Other languages of Gavi eligible countries desirable.
- Degree in Administration or related field.
- Gavi Secretariat;
- Other implementation agencies;
- Vaccine Manufacturers;
Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please provide a cover letter and resume through our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on "Administrative Assistant, Leadership, Management & Coordination – Part-time (50%)".
Sunday, 31 March 2019