Service delivery

All topics related to the delivery of immunization services, including routine and campaign delivery services as well as injection safety.

I need an urgent reply on the following questions regarding H1N1 pandemic from the experts: Pakistan is faced with worst floods in its history. Can we start H1N1 vaccination among the affectees specially those in the camps? If yes which groups to target? We have enough doses of TEMIFLU in our stock...
Attached are some photos of Sun Frost's latest Tubular Sterilizer. Syringes are placed directly into the sterilizer, minimizing handling. When full the vacuum tube sterilizer is removed from its stand and placed in the sun. The collector is effective even in hazy conditions. Fifty syring...
Many thanks to Emily Griswold, PATH, for sharing this document with TechNet21 readers.  PATH and Working in Tandem, Ltd., recently released a report entitled “Improving the affordability of inactivated poliovirus vaccines (IPV) for use in low- and middle-income countries: an economic analysis of ...
Sun Frost recently developed a solar oven capable of air sterilizing medical equipment. For air sterilizing temperature of 190C must be achieved for 6 minutes. The heart of the sterilizer is an evacuated tube solar collector. The interior of the oven is cylindrical in shape and is 11.5cm in diameter...
Vaccine vial monitor use, policy, and practices in four regionsby Julie Milstien, independent consultant While the benefits of using vaccine vial monitors (VVMs) in immunization programs are widely known, a recently completed study of VVM use and availability shows that their use is still not univer...
Smallpox vaccination-induced immune responses may help combat HIV?BMC IMMUNOLOGY 11:23,doi 10.86/1471-2172-11-23 http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2172/11/23/abstract http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7734527/Withdrawal-of-smallpox-vaccine-contributed-to-spread-of-HIV.html Ending smallp...
Robert Steinglass forwards this request. Greetings, Are you familiar with efforts to integrate child immunization and family planning services? If so, we need your help. Family Health International (FHI) through its PROGRESS project and the Maternal and Child Health Integrated Program (MCHIP), led...
Utilizing new vaccine momentum and community engagement to strengthen pneumonia and diarrhoea control Today, pneumonia and diarrhoea remain the leading child-killers, especially in disadvantaged communities with limited access to sanitation, clean water, good nutrition and health services, and where...
Dear Sir, The following report on health worker retention for better health indices is very important as in many states the health indices are unachievable due to shortage of staff at the village level. http://www.who.int/hrh/events/report_second_full_expert_meeting.pdf I have also co...
Robert Chen sends in this request. For a study assessing injection site abscesses in a developing country, photos are needed for the training material. The challenge is that injection site abscesses are uncommon in developed world where cameras are common and more common in less developed settings...
Dear Moderator, I'd be grateful to know if any of your readers have experience with use of cell phones for transmission of cold chain stock position data from the district level upwards. Kenya has started doing this, using purpose developed software. Best rgds, Bob Davis (email: [email=robert.davi...
Dear all, Do you have information as to which countries, especially among European countries, require written consent for vaccinating against pandemic flu? I was asked by the ministry to try to find out what the policy in other countries is. In Croatia, the ministry asked vaccination providers to ...
Dear all, I have a question on multi-dose vial policy for adjuvanted pandemic vaccines. We received Focetria, MF59C.1 adjuvanted vaccine in 10-dose presentations which contains thimerosal as a preservative. Can WHO multi-dose vial policy be applied to this vaccine (to use it four weeks after the...
Rabies has been one of the most dreaded diseases, often leading to painful death in human beings. Globally, around 55,000 people die of Rabies and, of them, 20,000 die in India alone. The animal bite incidence rate is 17.4/1000 that is 17.4 million bites every year in India. The frequency of animal ...
Dear colleagues, According to your experience, what is the main target (and steps) population for H1N1 vaccine? In my country, first healthcare professionals (this week) followed by school children (age definition not described yet). For childhood population: you prefer to first vaccinate the high r...
Dear Friends, The ever increasing number of children getting paralysed in India is a matter of serious concern, nobody is talking about. Here is just a small evidence (see the attachment) to show that we need to look beyond polio eradication strategies to minimise the total number of children suffer...
Dear Sir Good day. I have faced one question regarding NIDs, which is: if one of the governorates or provinces in any country achieves a routine immunization coverage rate of more than 95%, is there need to proceed with NIDs? This question was raised in Iraq. My first response: I reminded him (o...
Dear Friends, A Modeling Study concludes that new vaccines could substantially reduce TB incidence and mortality. Similarily, I strongly feel that the recent 31% success with the new HIV vaccine could have been further enhanced if given in conjunction with ART. Please see the link below: http://www...
Dear Technet Subscribers, I have attached a study conducted in Pakistan on the use of re-designed immunization cards, in an attempt to provide relief from the almost exclusively CC and logistics focus of Technet's recent discussions (shades of the old Technet, when cold chain ruled!) Cheers, Tasnim ...
Michel and others, Thanks for suggesting two different discussion tracks. Pioneers in EPI logistics such as yourself, James Cheyne, Modibo Dicko, John Lloyd have done and continue to do a formidable job of improving storage conditions, creating VVMs, creating transportation systems to reach geo...
Dear Friends, The introduction of the pentavalent vaccine will further eat into the health budget as shown by Natasha Hsi, Abt Associates, Katherine Wolf, Emory University, Global Health Council (June 2, 2005). The study says that, with the introduction of the pentavalnent vacc...
Dear Friends, Recently there have been a number of articles critical of the recommendations for pneumococcal and the pentavalent vaccines in high impact journals. I understand some of this has spilled over to the lay press and it will be good if we can have clarity on these issu...
http://WWW.VACCINEINDIA.ORG Almost half India’s children are not immunised ONLY 54.1 per cent of India's children are fully immunised. The other half -- this includes the 11.3 per cent who never received any form of vaccination -- run the risk of disease as they have failed to complete even the basi...
The third meeting on New and Underutilised Vaccine Implementation organised by WHO was held in Montreux, Switzerland from 16-19 June. There were 120 participants. Nine workshops were held covering various aspects like Surveillance, Preferred vaccine presentations, Coordination Between National Regul...
Dear moderator: As you may know, since November 2007, IMMUNIZATIONbasics project, along with other partners, started to provide extensive technical support to the National Immunization Program (NIP) in Rwanda, helping technical staff with the preparation of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine introduct...
With the advent of new vaccines, an additional injection may be given at each immunization contact. For example countries using Pentavalent vaccine, when they introduce pneumo vaccine need to give additional injection to the child on the same day. Giving multiple injections (simultaneous injections...
Malaria is recognized as a major cause of death in some parts of India. there have been recent changes in the Indian Malaria Drug Policy (in 2008) and a new Operational Guideline for 2009 is being reviewed. One issue is the reports from field based organizations that show higher slide positivity (SP...
Dear Technet Readers, Addendum to the call for unpublished documents ("grey literature") on reasons for non-immunization: In collaboration with a new WHO project on Gender and Immunization, IMMUNIZATIONbasics would like to note a particular interest in reviewing unpublished data and infor...
POST 01424E: INTRODUCE NEW VACCINES BUT WHAT ABOUT ACCESSIBILITY TO OLDER ESSENTIAL VACCINES? 30 APRIL 2009 ****************************************** Dear Moderator, I saw the mail for RFP for newer vaccines but what about accessibility to older essential vaccines in the devel...
The World Health Organization has prepared a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) on vaccines for the new influenza A(H1N1), which can be accessed on the following website: http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/frequently_asked_questions/vaccine_preparedness/en/index.html Jhimil Bahl, Techn...
Demonstration Projects to Evaluate Innovative System Changes by Carol Levin, Senior Health Economist, PATH Starting in 2009, Optimize will begin large-scale demonstration projects with four collaborating countries and conduct operational research with several others to build an evidence base for the...
POST 01415E: INJECTION SAFETY SUPERVISION TOOL FOLLOW-UP ON POST 01412E 11 APRIL 2009 ****************************************** Thanks for the injection safety supervision tool posted on the TechNet21 (forum). I think it is a laudable effort to simplify existing tools - and thus maki...
POST 01407E: EPI IN LEBANON 26 March 2009 ****************************************** Dear all, Greetings from Lebanon... This is to kindly share with you, as I promised, (the) EPI documentary and a TV spot that Ministry of Public Health has produced, knowing that they are both ...
POST 01405E: OPTIMUM AGE FOR MEASLES VACCINATION FOLLOW-UP ON POST 01403E 21 MARCH 2009 ****************************************** The WHO position paper on measles vaccine says that, "The optimum age for measles vaccination depends on the local epidemiological situation and on p...
POST 01403E: MEASLES VACCINATION SCHEDULE 17 MARCH 2009 ****************************************** Riadh Karem ([[email protected]][email protected][/email]), a public health doctor from Iraq, has a question regarding the measles vaccination schedule: He says that at present there ...
POST 01401E: RESURGENCE OF MEASLES 11 MARCH 2009 ****************************************** In some countries where measles was near elimination there has been a sudden resurgence of the disease. Low vaccine coverage could have many reasons, including financial impediments, and geographica...
POST 01395E: SEARCH ENGINES FOR SURVEILLANCE/SMS FOR DOTS MONITORING 26 FEBRUARY 2009 ****************************************** USING SEARCH ENGINE DATA FOR SURVEILLANCE The two articles talk about how Google can be used to predict flu epidemics by analyzing search statistics in ...
POST 01391E: VACCINE-DERIVED POLIO VIRUS 18 FEBRUARY 2009 ****************************************** In the context of the discussions on polio eradication on our forum (see POSTS: 01354E), these reports hold great interest. Cross-posting yet again from CSU, with a big thank you to Bob D...
POST 01384E: EXPERIENCES OF INTRODUCING HPV 5 FEBRUARY 2009 ****************************************** Can anyone share their experience of introducing HPV in their countries? Especially those in the SEARO Region. Thanks Karma Tshering ([[email protected]][email protected][...
POST 01384E: EXPERIENCES OF INTRODUCING HPV 5 FEBRUARY 2009 ****************************************** Can anyone share their experience of introducing HPV in their countries? Especially those in the SEARO Region. Thanks Karma Tshering ([[email protected]][email protected][...
POST 01385E: EXPERIENCES OF INTRODUCING HPV VACCINE 5 FEBRUARY 2009 ****************************************** Inadvertently omitted 'vaccine' from the post title, therefore reposting the contribution. No intention of encouraging bio-terrorism. Entirely an error of omission. Many apologies. ...
POST 01385E: EXPERIENCES OF INTRODUCING HPV VACCINE 5 FEBRUARY 2009 ****************************************** Inadvertently omitted 'vaccine' from the post title, therefore reposting the contribution. No intention of encouraging bio-terrorism. Entirely an error of omission. Many apologies. ...
POST 01383E: HepB VACCINATION SCHEDULE 4 FEBRUARY 2009 ****************************************** We have a question from Dr Sajad ([[email protected]][email protected][/email]), the National EPI Training officer in the Ministry of Public Health Afghanistan. He asks: If...
POST 01379E: POLIO—THE FINAL INCH 26 JANUARY 2009 ****************************************** This posting has two interesting links to the polio eradication vs. control debate. The first one, to an article that very efficiently sums up the primary factors in the debate: Polio’s Last Stand...
POST 01369E: NEW VACCINE INTRODUCTION—ROTAVIRUS 5 JANUARY 2009 ****************************************** Rotavirus is the leading cause of severe diarrhoea in young children worldwide and accounts for approximately 40 percent of diarrhoea-related hospitalizations. Use of rotavirus vaccin...
POST 01368E: TECHNICAL SHEETS FOR POLIO OUTBREAKS 2 JANUARY 2009 ****************************************** Hans Everts ([[email protected]][email protected][/email]) shares with TechNet21 readers the link to a number of guidelines and standard SOP on outbreak response activities follo...
POST 01364E: NEEDLESTICK PREVENTION DEVICES19 DECEMBER 2008 ****************************************** According to the World Health Report 2002, ‘there are 35 million health-care workers, of which 2 million experience percutaneous exposure to infectious diseases each year. The report also ...
POST 01363E: TECHNET21 SATELLITE SESSION PRESENTATION: PROJECT OPTIMIZE 16 DECEMBER 2008 ****************************************** Prior to the main session, a satellite session titled Optimize future logistics systems: Overview of Project Optimize was held on 1 December 2008. Use the follo...
POST 01356E: VACCINE RESEARCH AND INTRODUCING NEW VACCINES 25 NOVEMBER 2008 ****************************************** A Boost for Vaccine Research: (Science, Emma Hitt: 28 March 2008) A recent estimate of the global vaccine business by Lehman Brothers predicts that the vaccine industry w...
POST 01354E: POLIO ERADICATION—LET’S FINISH THE JOB FOLLOW UP ON POSTS: 01339E, 01341E, 013342E, 01343E, 01344E, 01345E, 01346E, 01348E, 01350E & 01353E 20 NOVEMBER 2008 ****************************************** NEED TO JUDICIOUSLY USE THE DIFFERENT OPVS There is no single oral poli...
POST 01353E: STOPPING POLIO ERADICATION WILL BE A HUGE BLOW TO INTERNATIONAL HEALTH FOLLOW UP ON POSTS: 01339E, 01341E, 013342E, 01343E, 01344E, 01345E, 01346E, 01348E, 01350E 19 NOVEMBER 2008 ****************************************** I apologize if I have to repeat points I thought I ha...
POST 01351E: PRIVATE PROVISION OF IMMUNIZATION IN THE INDIAN CONTEXT FOLLOW-UP ON POST: 01349E 15 NOVEMBER 2008 ****************************************** Dear Colleagues, Attached please find 3 articles on private provision of Immunization services in the Indian context: Although...
POST 01350E: POLIO—CONTROL STRATEGY WILL ETERNALISE COSTS FOLLOW UP ON POSTS: 01339E, 01341E, 013342E, 01343E, 01344E, 01345E, 01346E & 01348E 13 NOVEMBER 2008 ****************************************** Mogens, Perhaps I misunderstand your question, but my last response started with...
POST 01349E: THE PRIVATE SECTOR’S ROLE IN PROVIDING IMMUNIZATION SERVICES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES—INFORMATION SOUGHT FOR LITERATURE REVIEW 11 NOVEMBER 2008 ****************************************** Dear Colleagues, We are conducting a literature review on the role of the private sec...
POST 01348E: VACCINATION RATES AND POLIO OUTBREAK FOLLOW-UP ON POSTS 01339E, 01341E, 013342E, 01343E, 01344E, 01345E & 01346E 9 NOVEMBER 2008 ****************************************** Dear Mogens Munck, If you look up the geographical distribution of Wild-Polio virus type I case...
POST 01346E: WILD POLIO VIRUS 1,2 & 3 AND VAPP REQUIRE AN EFFECTIVE VACCINE FOR ERADICATION FOLLOW-UP ON POSTS 01339E, 01341E, 013342E, 01343E, 01344E & 01345E 5 NOVEMBER 2008 ****************************************** Dear Editor, As per your suggestion I looked up the we...
POST 01345E: DURING GLOBAL RECESSION USE SCARCE RESOURCES RESPONSIBLY (POLIO ERADICATION) FOLLOW-UP ON POSTS 01339E, 01341E, 013342E, 01343E & 01344E 3 NOVEMBER 2008 ****************************************** FOCUS NEEDS TO SHIFT TO OVERALL WELL-BEING OF CHILDREN Before the eradicat...
POST 01344E: POLIO ERADICATION VS CONTROL—ADDITIONAL ASPECTS TO CONSIDER FOLLOW-UP ON POSTS 01339E, 01341E, 013342E & 01343E 31 OCTOBER 2008 ****************************************** CONTROL MORE EXPENSIVE IN THE LONG RUN Hans, I agree with you. You may recall that I was seconded ...
POST 01343E: WEAK ROUTINE IMMUNIZATION AND STALLING POLIO ERADICATION—TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN FOLLOW-UP ON POSTS 01339E, 01341E & 013342E 29 OCTOBER 2008 ****************************************** As a response to Mogens, no you are not correct. My whole point is that there are 2 o...
POST 01342E: POLIO ERADICATION VS CONTROL—THE DEBATE CONTINUES FOLLOW-UP ON POSTS 01339E & 01341E 27 OCTOBER 2008 ****************************************** The topic continues to be hotly debated and perspectives seem to differ widely. For those of you who would like a statistical u...
POST 01341E: POLIO ERADICATION VS CONTROL—THE REAL COSTS FOLLOW-UP ON POST 01339E 25 OCTOBER 2008 ****************************************** There was also myresponse to POST 00931E in which I wrote: QUOTE About the switch from eradication to control, imagine the world asking...
POST 01339E: POLIO—ERADICATION VS CONTROL FOLLOW-UP ON POST 01338E 22 OCTOBER 2008 ****************************************** Given the content of the World Health Report, which incidentally does not mention polio, why is WHO still trying unsuccessfully to eradicate the disease? It is t...
POST 01327E: SCHOOL-BASED IMMUNIZATION PROGRAMME EXPERIENCE 25 SEPTEMBER 2008 ******************************************* WHO and partners are collecting experiences from several countries with existing school-based immunization programmes. This information can be useful for other countries...
POST 01317E: PQS E10 NEEDLE DISABLER DEVICES: ATTACHMENTS 4 SEPTEMBER 2008 ******************************************* Inadvertently, the relevant documents were not attached to the earlier post; the error is hereby rectified. Apologies. --------- Dear TechNet21 members, Please be ...
POST 01316E: COMMENTS INVITED ON PQS E10 NEEDLE DISABLER DEVICES 3 SEPTEMBER 2008 ******************************************* Dear TechNet21 members, Please be informed that PQS E10 needle disabler devices performance specifications and verification protocol are released for comments. We...
POST 01313E: SAFE INJECTION: AVOIDING OVER PENETRATION FOLLOW-UP ON POSTS: 01308E, 01309E & 01310E 28 AUGUST 2008 ******************************************* Thickness of subcutaneous tissue can be judged by pinching. When needle pierces the muscle the same can also be felt so if heal...
POST 01310E: KNOWLEDGE OF OPTIMAL NEEDLE LENGTH FOR INJECTION IMPORTANT 24 AUGUST 2008 ******************************************* Dear Forum, Injection Safety is definitely a Big problem in India. Health workers still administer injections in the gluteal region instead of thigh- as valid...
POST 01309E: SAFE INJECTION PRACTICES AND TRAINING MORE IMPORTANT FOLLOW-UP ON POST 01308E 22AUGUST 2008 ******************************************* Hello Group, My response to the questions raised by Dr. Sood are as follows:- [list=1] Are the results generalisable to children in d...
POST 01303E: NEEDLE REMOVER DEVICE: FIELD EXPERIENCE 12 AUGUST 2008 ******************************************* Dear Moderator, PATH would like to post the following message to follow up on needle remover experiences. Best wishes, Nancy -------- Safely managing infectious sh...
POST 01300E: ALTERNATIVE USE OF PORTABLE STEAM STERILIZERS FOLLOW-UP ON POST01299E 7 AUGUST 2008 ******************************************* An addition to what Michel said. If steam sterilizers are used for sterilizing instruments, it is critical that the instruments are clean before being ...
POST 01299E: ALTERNATIVE USE OF PORTABLE STEAM STERILIZERS 5 AUGUST 2008 ******************************************* Apologies for the delay in posting this query and the response -------- Dear all, I would like to thank everyone for all those informative articles posted in this forum...
POST 01293E: MANAGING POLIO VIRUS 23 JULY 2008 ******************************************* Both the contributions have been cross-posted from CSU. A big thank you to Bob Davis and Evelyn Chege. -------- Meeting in Geneva in May, the governing body of the World Health Organization passed an u...
POST 01280E: COSTING FOR IMMUNIZATION SERVICES FOLLOW-UP ON POSTS: 01265E, 01269E, 01273E 15 JUNE 2008 ******************************************* Rowan Wager delves further into how heath services costs can be offset. Terry Hart poses a question with regard to Anthony Battersby’s ppt ...
POST 01268E: WORLD HEPATITIS DAY 19 MAY 2008 ******************************************* Chronic viral hepatitis can no longer be ignored. The figures are rather staggering. Take a look at the statistics: Ø 500 million people worldwide currently infected with hepatitis B or C Ø This...
POST 01264E: EXPERIENCES WITH OUT-OF-COLD-CHAIN VACCINE DISTRIBUTION: PROJECT OPTIMIZE 11 MAY 2008 ******************************************* A request from PATH’s Joanie Robertson for experiences in using Out-of-Cold Chain Vaccine Distribution in your immunization programmes. Please do a...
POST 01245E: MAKING RESPONSIBLE CHOICES FOR PUBLIC HEALTH 26 MARCH 2008 ******************************************* The New York Times reports a “highly unusual outbreak of measles” in San Diego among 12 children, nine of whom had not been vaccinated. If in countries in transitio...
POST 01237E: Human Papillomavirus update 8 MARCH 2008 ******************************************* Cervical cancer has a devastating impact on women’s health around the world. Approximately, 500.000 women develop cervical cancer every year, and half of them do not survive it. Almost 80% of thes...
POST 01236E: SCHOOL IMMUNIZATION PROGRAMME— INDONESIA 7 MARCH 2008 ******************************************* Please find attached the final report of a WHO-IMMUNIZATIONbasics mission to document the school-based immunization programme there. Indonesia has been implementing a nationwide...
POST 01219: SCHOOL-BASED TT VACCINATION 25 JANUARY 2008 Follow-up on posts: 01217E , 01214E , 01212E ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Imp: Please do not send your contributions to [[email protected]][email protected][/email], f...
POST 01217E: SCHOOL-BASED TT VACCINATION FOLLOW UP ON POSTS POST 01212E AND POST 01214E 20 JANUARY 2008 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Robert Steinglass, who has comprehensively documented Indonesia’s experience with school-based T...
POST 01212E : TT SCHOOL VACCINATION 3 January 2008 ___________________________ It is with some trepidation and considerable eagerness that one takes over the reins from Claude Letarte, who has brought to his moderation a great degree of balance, dynamism and domain expertise. We take the ba...
POST 01210E : ROTAVIRUS VACCINE EFFICACY 29 December 2007 ____________________________________ Here is an article published in the Lancet late November. It assesses the efficacy of the oral live attenuated human rotavirus vaccine Rotarix (RIX4414) for prevention of rotavirus gastroenteritis. Y...
POST 01207E : MEASLES 23 December 2007 __________________________________ As of this month, 4 of WHO's 6 regions had committed themselves to regional measles elimination. This month, the AFRO Task Force on Immunization, covering the 46 WHO member states of subsaharan Africa, passed the followi...
POST 01204E : WHO POSITION PAPER / RABIES 19 December 2007 ___________________________________ Please note that a revised WHO position paper on rabies vaccines was published in the WHO Weekly Epidemiological Record of 7 December. The paper is available in English and French. It will shortly...
POST 01201E : ERADICATION EFFORTS Follow-up on Posts 01174E and 01179E 14 December 2007 ____________________________ TIP : If you consult TechNet archives on Listserv, most of you will not see the active links in the body of the text, depending on configuration. Please go to the very bot...
POST 01198E : MNT ELIMINATION 9 December 2007 _____________________________ The following 13-page article is an interesting and comprehensive review of the issue posted online by the Lancet in September. "Maternal and neonatal tetanus" by Martha H Roper, Jos H Vandelaer and Franç...
POST 01183E : BCG AND LEPROSY 8 November 2007 ___________________________________ This posting contains two contributions. Devesh Singh from India asks a question about the protective effect of BCG. Thanks to Uli Fruth from WHO/HQ for providing an answer. The Lancet article to which he refers...
POST 01179E : ERADICATION EFFORTS Follow-up on Post 001174E 31 October 2007 _________________________________ This long contribution is sent by Robert Steinglass from IMMUNIZATIONbasics in the United States. _________________________________ "Stop the madness!" Dear Mo...
POST 01175E : VACCINE-DERIVED POLIO VIRUS 22 October 2007 _______________________________________ We wish to draw your attention to the Weekly Epidemiological Report of 28 September 2007 that featured a "Global update on vaccine-derived polioviruses, January 2006 - August 2007" Si...
POST 01174E : ERADICATION EFFORTS 20 October 2007 ______________________________________________________ Robert Davis from UNICEF/ESARO proposes the following analysis of eradication efforts. Food for thought and discussion! ___________________________________________________________ Pro...
POST 01173E : MALARIA VACCINE CANDIDATE 17 October 2007 _______________________________________ Early findings from a malaria vaccine trial among African infants are promising, based on a research article published today Oct 17. In a double-blind trial of 214 infants in Mozambique, the malari...
POST 01165E : VACCINE-PREVENTABLE DISEASES : YOUR OPINION 1st October 2007 __________________________________ Craig Shapiro from WHO requests your opinion. Documents are attached as they are rather small in size. The deadline is short by the end of this week, so you must react fast. ____...
POST 01161E : MEASLES VACCINATION AND BHS Follow-up on Post 01154E 23 September 2007 ____________________________________ The following comment is from Anthony Battersby from the United Kingdom. I make further comments on this issue below. ____________________________________ Do no...
POST 01158E : VACCINE OUT-OF-THE-COLD-CHAIN 17 September 2007 ________________________________________ The following article describes the use of an out-of-the-cold-chain immunization strategy to improve the timeliness of the HB birth dose in rural China. It showed a large improvement ...
POST 01157E : VACCINATION IN SCHOOLS : REQUEST FOR INFORMATION 14 September 2007 ___________________________________ The following request comes from Jhilmil Bahl from WHO. You are invited to share the information with the forum too. It may interest many other members. __________________...
POST 01152E : REVISED WHO POSITION PAPER ON ROTAVIRUS VACCINES 2 September 2007 _____________________________ Please note that a revised WHO position paper on rotavirus vaccines has just been published in the WHO Weekly Epidemiological Record. The paper is available in English and Fren...
POST 01147E : QUESTIONS ON OPV Follow-up on Posts 01128E and 01139E 25 August 2007 ________________________________ André Yaméogo is commenting the issue further here below. ________________________________ Hello! I would like to thank you all for your contributions regarding ...
POST 01146E : IMF AND HEALTH SPENDING 23 August 2007 ____________________ It is not so often that we discuss macroeconomics. Those of you interested by these questions may find the following report quite interesting. It is rather long (78 pages) and I admit that I didn’t read it all. The 7-...
TECHNET21 E-FORUM Technical network for strengthening immunization services Contributions to: [email=%3Ca%20href=][log in to unmask][/email]">[log in to unmask] or use your reply button! __________________________________________________________ POST 01145E : VACCINE PREVENTABLE MORT...
POST 01139E : QUESTIONS ON OPV Follow-up on Post 01128E 12 August 2007 ____________________________________ This posting contains two contributions in response to André Yaméogo's question. The first comes from Steven_Wassilak of the CDC, and the second is a joint contribution by Hans_E...
There are no discussions available here currently