On August 31, 2022, HLN released a new version (v1.36.1) of the Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE) in support of updates to the COVID-19 vaccine. ICE is a state-of-the-art open source software system that provides clinical decision support for immunizations for use in Immunization Information Systems (IIS), Electronic Health Record (EHR), and Personal Health Record (PHR) Systems.
- New vaccine group: Orthopoxvirus for May 2022 Emergency Use Authorization (Monkeypox)
- New vaccines: CVX codes 75, 105, 206
- The vaccine group can optionally be enabled or disabled.
- In the zip file distribution, the Orthopoxvirus vaccine group is disabled by default. It can be enabled by removing the property value VACCINE_GROUP_CONCEPT.860 from the vaccine_group_exclusions property in the ice.properties file. The vaccine_group_exclusions is a comma-delimited property to optionally omit vaccine groups from the forecast.
- In the docker image distribution, the Orthopoxvirus vaccine group is enabled by default. It can be disabled by setting the VACCINE_GROUP_EXCLUSIONS environment variable with the value VACCINE_GROUP_CONCEPT.860.
- Pneumococcal Vaccine Group update:
- Added a new recommendation rule.
The ICE Implementation Guide has been updated with the following new CVX codes for the Orthopoxvirus vaccine group. A Google Sheet that lists all of the coded values in the Implementation Guide is also available. A version of the ICE Implementation Guide that highlights these changes is also available.
As always, you can determine which version of ICE you are currently using by viewing the README.HISTORY file that is included with each zip file distribution or by hitting the following endpoint: http(s)://<host>:<port>/path/to/opencds-decision-support-service/version
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail us at [email protected].
See the feature article about ICE in Open Health News.