Featured Posts

The WHO Department of Immunization Vaccines and Biologicals (IVB) is pleased to announce the upcoming second webinar series on Why Gender Matters for Immunization: IA2030.  The Immunization Agenda 2030 e...

WHO recently published a new guidance document: “A practical handbook for planning, implementing and strengthening vaccination in the second year of life” (2YL Handbook). The 2YL Handbook provides detail on the practical steps for planning, managing, implementing, and monitoring vaccinati...
Supply Chain Strategic Focus Area Advance the Market Availability of Solar Energy Harvest Control-Equipped Cold Chain Equipment Date of notice: April 1, 2019   Summary: Manufacturers of World Health Organization (WHO) Performance, Quality and Safety (PQS) prequalified solar direct drive (SD...
In Bhutan, opened vaccine in Out Reach Clinic (ORC) and leftover vaccines are discarded at the end of the session as we do not have the open vial policy. Only unopened vaccines are brought back and are used in the subsequent immunization session that are also maintained in proper cold chain. But wha...
Dear Forum, We have continued having measles cases around the world despite the child’s immunization status. I have come across cases were a child was immunized but still gets the disease. I know most people will zero down to poor vaccine management practices, wrong immunization technique / practic...
WHO/UNICEF/UNFPA JOINT STATEMENT   Appropriate Storage and Management of Oxytocin – a Key Commodity for Maternal Health WHO/UNICEF/UNFPA have issued a joint statement regarding the management of oxytocin, a medicine essential to the prevention and treatment of postpartum haemorrhage as wel...
Dear TechNet members, I'm trying to work out the best place to go on the Internet to find immunization supply chain-related resources such as guidance documents, eLearning videos, etc. This is the list I could come up with. Please can you share others if you know of any. Many thanks.    ...
Hello, I am brand new to TechNet-21 so this will be my first posting.  I am trying to find an SDD (Solar Direct Drive) freezer which will maintain -10C and below. The product I need to store in Nigeria is surfactant (injected into the lungs of premature babies with collapsed lungs to give them lif...
Hi All, If anyone has conducted a comprehensive vaccine wastage assessment, or knows anyone that has done so please send me a message on [email protected]. We are scouting for such expert for a 3 month assignment. Thanks....
Dear all Context: IAPSMCON – 2019: Symposium on Routine Immunization (RI) In this month, symposium was held at the national level on RI, chaired by National Consultants and senior designated persons from Immunization Technical Support Unit [ITSU] for Government of India implementing the programme ...
Dear all Can i get the simple distribution plan format of vaccine and others logistics commodities?  I am thinking of changing the plan of my own country for district level for immunization program strenghtening.  Thank you Anish Shah...
USAID’s flagship Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP) is pleased to introduce our latest publication, Community Monitoring of Individual Children’s Vaccinations: Six Country Experiences. This brief details MCHIP/MCSP experiences with community monitoring of vaccinations in Timor-Leste, India,...
On March 7, 2019, HLN released a new version (v1.16.1) of the Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE). ICE is a state-of-the-art open-source software system that provides clinical decision support for immunizations for use in Immunization Information Systems (IIS), Electronic Health Record (EHR) and P...
PATH and the Solar Electric Light Fund are pleased to announce upcoming field evaluations of cold chain equipment with energy harvesting control (EHC) features. EHC appliance features allow solar direct drive refrigerators to power devices such as lights and cell phones while keeping vaccines at app...
Does anyone know how many countries in the AFRO region are using vaccine outside of the cold chain or using the controlled temperature chain?...
Happy to share our paper "Assessing electronic immunization registries: the Pan American Health Organization [PAHO] experience" Full text available at: http://iris.paho.org/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/50475/v43e282019.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y  Abstract Objective. To develop a...
There is a need for immunisation programmes to maintain high vaccine coverage, for which digital technology offers an opportunity. mHealth initiatives are largely in place already, and vaccine mobile applications are one of them. Vaccine apps that I am aware of provide the user with very useful info...
Dear all technet Members What should we do when the vaccine expiry date only shows the year and month but not the day ? For example: October 2019, can we use this vaccine until the end of October 2019 or do we have to use it before the first of October 2019. Thank Saleban yusuf...
Dear TechNet members, Bhutan is using Tetanus-Diphtheria (Td) during pregnancy. Guidelines provide clear instruction for women who have no record of previous Td vaccination and those who have received 3, 4 and 5 previous doses of Td containing vaccine. However, I could not find how many doses of Td...
Technet colleagues may be interested in this leader article in today's Times of London regarding the persistent ant-vaccination campaign. Please see this article: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/its-time-to-get-tough-with-anti-vaxxers-gq8prwcrv   Tom Lewis Remonsys Ltd, UK...
Dear TechNet colleagues, JSI in collaboration with SNTL Publishing and with support from Gavi the Vaccine Alliance are pleased to introduce to you Gaming Week! During the week of February 18th 2019, you will get a chance to play a System Design Game for Immunization Supply Chains which is based on ...
There are no discussions available here currently