The September 2015 Vaccine Information Management System (VIMS)Report on Global Vaccine Introductionfrom IVAC at Johns Hopkins is now availablehere.
Recent vaccine introduction updates (since May 2015) include:
· Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) has been introduced in Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau, Lebanon, Lesotho, and Portugal.
· Rotavirus vaccine has been introduced in Kiribati.
· Inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) has been introduced in Benin, Bhutan, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote D'Ivoire, Guyana, Kiribati, TFYR Macedonia, Morocco, Niger, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sri Lanka, and Sudan.
Current and archived reports, as well as the PowerPoint slide deck with the latest report graphics, can also be found on the VIMS page of the IVAC website at:http://www.jhsph.edu/ivac/vims/
What is the VIMS Report?
The VIMS report displays data and figures on the introduction status of Hib, pneumococcal, rotavirus, and inactivated polio vaccines both globally and in the 73 Gavi countries. The images and text in the report describe:
· How many countries have introduced each vaccine or plan to in the future
· National levels of vaccine coverage and access, globally and in Gavi countries
· Vaccine introduction trends over time
· Vaccine introduction status of each of the 194 countries, listed individually