Thursday, 20 April 2000
  0 Replies
  6.5K Visits
Post00244 STOCK MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE 20 April 2000 CONTENTS 1. STOCK MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE 1. STOCK MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE As product of the Technet'90 meeting in Nicosia, a stock management software program for vaccines and other PHC commodities, equipment, and supplies was developed and tested in the early 1990s. In 1990 we reviewed existing commercial software to see if EPI supplies would be adequately supported. The commercial software available at that time did not address our needs - and a set of specifications were agreed. This became the SLM - the Stocks Logistics Module supported by the USAID - JSI REACH Project, and later the greatly improved CLM - Commodities Logistics Module, supported by USAID through Management Sciences for Health. The module supported inventory management, usage forecasting, stock aging and expiry dates, purchase orders, requisitions, picklists/pickslips, cost reporting, and many other important functions. I addition the CLM It allowed a high degree of monitoring and stock level management for the level below the store where the CLM is used. While the CLM included EPI and PHC specific functions, it also performed well as a general medical supply inventory control program. It was tested in several developing countries and released through both WHO/EPI and MSH in the latter part of the 1990s. The last version release seen by the moderator was in 1995-96, in version 2.01 What distinguished it as an inventory control program was its close links with 'Best Practice' paper based inventory control systems in developing countries and its graphical reporting on and forecasting of vaccine (and other items) drawdown times and vaccine ageing.Notably, the CLM included vehicle and transport management functions. The CLM had the ability to integrate in the CEIS, a computer based immunization and surveillance information package of programs. The moderator understands that the CLM was installed and used in countries and districts in the Americas and in Asia. The CLM was not Year 2000 compliant, and a re-write for windows was planned. At Technet'99, Peter Carasco informed the Technet that work on the CLM was begun. * This discussion begins with Mogens Munck, UNICEF/Mozambique, asking for some help finding a software program for vaccine stock management. Other participants were Mario Conde, WHO/V&B, and Anne Young, MSH, and Allan Bass. Action, comments and additions please: [[email protected]][email protected][/email] or use your reply button ___________________________________________________________________________ From: [[email protected]][email protected][/email] Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:47:59 +0200 To: Subject: Software program for vaccine stock management! Hi Allan, Please help out in obtaining for me a suitable software program for stock management for vaccine, particularly one that permits analysis to be made of past consumption, compared with coverage consumption ,wastage rates etc. Thanks and regards! Mogens --- Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:41:19 +1000 To: [[email protected]][email protected][/email] From: Allan Bass Subject: Re: Software program for vaccine stock management! Cc: [[email protected]][email protected][/email] Dear Mogens, Have you looked at the CLM - Commodities stock Logistics Module? It does the stock management for the warehouse and the next level below but as I recall does not do wastage. Peter Carrasco will have the latest information. Also see today's Technet posting for SUMA - Commodities management software for humanitarian relief and emergencies operations. More later, regards allan --- From: [[email protected]][email protected][/email] Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:21:57 +0200 To: Subject: Fwd:Re:CLM software! Allan, Can this be true? Mogens --- Author: [[email protected]][email protected][/email] Date: 24-Mar-2000 11:03 Dear Mario, Do you have the CLM - software, and if so could you please send it to me? Thank you and regards! Mogens --- Subject: Re:CLM software! Author: Date: 3/27/00 9:58 AM Hi CLM disappears - is no longer available since something like 1993 or 94. Regards M Conde --- --- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:07:49 +1000 To: Anne Williams From: Allan Bass Subject: Software for drug supply management? Dear Anne, How are you/MSH doing on the updates of your inventory management software? It would be useful to have an update on progress. Peter Carrasco at PAHO did mention that the work is in progress when I saw him in Harare in December. Colleagues in Mozambique have asked what is available now, particularly for the management of vaccine supplies. regards and thanks in advance, allan bass Technet Moderator --- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:27:18 -0500 From: "Anne Young" To: , Subject: CLM Software Greetings allan, I am currently coordinating efforts on CLM. Unfortunately I don't have any new news to report. MSH began looking for a drug/vaccine software package to replace CLM after a decision was made not to create our own Windows version of CLM. We identified a number of commercial software packages which could fulfill the key functions available in CLM. In addition we found some software companies who were interested in supporting the modification, installation and technical support of such packages. At the moment, MSH is looking for financial support to pursue this project further. As soon as I have an update, I'll be in touch with Peter Carrasco and other colleagues so discuss the possibilities of work in Mozambique and elsewhere. Thank you for your interest. Anne Young Program Associate Management Sciences for Health ____________________________________*______________________________________ Selected news items reprinted under the fair use doctrine of international copyright law: http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html ____________________________________*________________________
There are no replies made for this post yet.