Monday, 12 September 2005
  0 Replies
  1.6K Visits
POST 00833E : POLIO UPDATE follow-up on Post 00828E 12 September 2005 _____________________________________ This posting contains a comment from Anthony Battersby (mailto:[email protected]) about Post 00828E. I had only posted the headlines, even deleting some parts but adding a few sentences. Most endemic countries are indeed covered in the update details, and I admit that I should have written the link, on WHO/PEI site. Here it is : http://www.polioeradication.org/content/general/current_monthly_sitrep.asp Anthony also shares an excerpt from a recent article published by the "New Scientist". A few comments at the end below. _____________________________________ Claude, I was interested to see that Nigeria did not feature in your posting on Polio update. As of last week there have been 349 wild polio cases. This is down on the total number of case this time last year but is still a very worrying number of cases. All this despite more or less back to back NIDs/SNIDs which take staff away from providing routine immunisation. Why is the situation in Nigeria (the world's biggest problem for PEI) not reported in Polio Update? Also I attach the following, from "New Scientist" : "Polio will not be eradicated this year" 27 August 2005
There are no replies made for this post yet.