TechNet-21 - Forum

This forum provides a place for members to ask questions, share experiences, coordinate activities, and discuss recent developments in immunization.
  1. Moderator
  2. Announcements
  3. Wednesday, 25 January 2006
POST 00879E : UMIT'S FAREWELL TO TECHNET 25 January 2006 ______________________________ As many of you already know, our friend and colleague umits Kartoglu has been given new responsibilities within WHO and will no longer care for TechNet21 Secretariat. Below is his farewell message to the forum. He will be replaced at the Secretariat by Souleymane Kone. A flurry of messages have spread from many colleagues around the world, a testimony to great qualities. I want to add my voice to these and wish him every success. Souleyman can also be assured of my full cooperation. Claude Letarte ______________________________ Dear all, With the reorganization efforts in WHO, senior management has decided to reassign TechNet21 responsibility to Mr. Souleymane Kone from EPI+ team in the department of Immunization, Vaccines and Biologicals. I served as TechNet secretariat from March 2001 until now. During this period, TechNet has been relaunched in Delhi consultation as TechNet21 aiming to reach more developing country managers, including those at subnational and district levels, WHO and UNICEF country staff, plus the traditional TechNet logistics members. The future need for such a forum was defined as strengthening of immunization management, both programme and operations management through involving immunization managers into developing and testing strategies and policies. In May 2002 TechNet21 e-Forum crossed the 1000-mark membership, about triple the membership of end-August 2001. In November 2002, TechNet21 launched its own website. TechNet21 consultation in Antalya, Turkey, April 2004, demonstrated the change in TechNet, offering a comprehensive programme, a record number of participants and above all - its satellite activities such as Training Works! workshop with JPHIEGO, PQS consultation meeting with the industry and Technology and Operations Panel with WHO, UNICEF and PATH. In June 2003, TechNet21 started its French postings. TechNet21 e-Forum postings also became a platform where today we see more and more developing country programme managers initiating discussions or contributing to ongoing ones. I would like to thank you all for your support and contributions. Many thanks to Dr. Claude Letarte, TechNet21 moderator, for his creativity, enthusiasm and discipline of good quality work. I will continue to participate in TechNet21 discussions within my personal capacity. With best wishes. UMIT ______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________ Visit the TECHNET21 Website at http://www.technet21.org You will find instructions to subscribe, a direct access to archives, links to reference documents and other features. ______________________________________________________________________________ To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message to : mailto:LISTSERV@listes.ulaval.ca Leave the subject area BLANK In the message body, write unsubscribe TECHNET21E ______________________________________________________________________________ The World Health Organization and UNICEF support TechNet21. The TechNet21 e-Forum is a communication/information tool for generation of ideas on how to improve immunization services. It is moderated by Claude Letarte and is hosted in cooperation with the Centre de , Canada (http://www.ccisd.org) ______________________________________________________________________________

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!