Wish to share that under the aegis of IIHMR University, Jaipur, 05 days International training program on “Procurement and Supply Chain Management of Essential Medicines & In Vitro Diagnostics” is scheduled from 26-30 August, 2019 at the IIHMR University Jaipur, India
The objective of the training program is to provide technical guidance for establishing a robust procurement and supply chain framework for ensuring supply of good quality essential medicines and diagnostics
Program Contents : -
Managing selection of essential medicines and diagnostics
- Selection criteria’s
- Significance of EML, EDL, STD and Formularies
Quantification and Forecasting
- Methods of quantification
Procurement of essential medicines and diagnostics
- Strategic objectives of good pharmaceutical procurement
- How to formulate tender specifications
- Tender evaluation
- Selecting correct procurement type
- Selection of appropriate supplier
- Procurement laws and regulations
- Pooled procurement mechanism
Warehousing, Storage and Distribution
- Guidelines for good storage practices
- Receiving and arranging commodities
- Monitoring and evaluation of drug distribution system
Quality Assurance and Donation of medicines
- WHO Prequalification of Medicines Program (WHO PQP)
- Quality inspections-Sampling and survey process
- Combating Not of standard drugs/spurious drugs
- National guidelines on donation of medicines
Max-Min Inventory control
- Types of Inventory control systems
Logistic Management Information System (LMIS)
- Types of Logistics records and their significance
Rational use of drugs
- Role of drugs and therapeutics committee
- Diagnosis, prescribing, dispensing and patient adherence
Pricing and sustainable financing
- Donor funding and pricing mechanism
Monitoring and evaluation of supply chain
- Indicators for M&E of supply chains
Policy and legal framework for procurement and supply chain
- National medicines policy
- Hands on training on Noninvasive techniques and rapid detection techniques for determining drug quality (Raman handheld spectroscopy)
- Field visit to drug warehouse
- For Indian participants : Rs 37,500 per participant plus 18% GST
- For Foreign participants : USD 700 per participant plus 18% GST
The fees cover tuition fees, training material, stay in air-conditioning room (twin-sharing basis), breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea/coffee during the program and pick-up and drop from Jaipur airport/railway station/bus stand. Welcome dinner and short-trip to historical and cultural importance places in Jaipur would be offered by the University in honor of the participants. Participants would be encouraged to use library facilities. Around the clock internet facility (Wi-Fi) is available for the participants.
The travel tickets from the country of origin to Jaipur and vice versa are to be borne by the participant/sponsoring agency.
DISCOUNTS ON THE FEE
- Early Bird Discount: Nominations received with payments on/before 4-weeks (29th July 2019) will be entitled to an early bird discount of 10%.
- Group Discount: Any organization sponsoring four or more participants to the program will be entitled for a discount of 20% on the total fee payable provided that at least four participants attend the program.
- Maximum Discount: Organization can avail themselves of both the discount subject to maximum discount of 20%.
I am sure that you will find it useful for the organization/national health system program.
I would be grateful, if you could participate/nominate interested candidates in the training program.
You may forward to concerned department also
Kindly send the interest to the program coordinator at email@example.com
Looking forward for your kind cooperation and support to make the program success.
A word of response would be appreciated.
Dr.Saurabh kumar Banerjee
M.Pharm, Ph.D., MBA
Associate Professor and Program Coordinator
The IIHMR University,
1 Prabhu Dayal Marg, Near Sanganer Airport
Jaipur (Pin-302029), Rajasthan, INDIA
Office: +91 141 3924700, Ext: 789,