We are pleased to announce the release of a new immunization resource for TechNet members. The TechNet Resource Library (TRL) provides an online repository of useful journal articles, documents, tools, websites, and other immunization resources. Each resource has been carefully selected as particularly relevant and valuable to the global immunization community.
The TRL currently contains over 700 resources in the area of immunization information systems (IIS). Over the course of the year new resources will be added in other immunization categories. The previous Documents, Tools, and Journal articles libraries on TechNet-21 will also be migrated.
You can add your own resources to the TRL, as well as provide reviews of other resources. You can also create collections of your favourite resources and share your collections with others. Guidance on how to do so is provided below.
Please let us know what you think of the TRL! Reply to this forum post or use the contact form on the TechNet-21 website.
Searching for resources
The TRL provides a powerful search tool that enables you to search and filter by keyword, immunization category, resource type, language, disease, and country.
Browsing for resources
You can browse for resources in the TRL by category, tags, or disease.
Adding a resource to the TRL
- Sign in to www.TechNet-21.org.
- In the Resources menu displayed at the top of the screen, click TechNet Resource Library.
- Click Add resource.
- Add mandatory and any optional information on the resource to submit.
- Your resource will be added to the TRL immediately.
Adding resources to your favourites
- In the TRL, locate the resource you want to add to your favourites.
- At the bottom of the resource page, click Add to favourites. If you want to add the resource to a list you have already created (see below), click the dropdown arrow next to Add to favourites and select the list.
You can view a list of your favourite resources on the Favourites page:
Note: if you do not see the Favourites link, you are either not signed in or have not added any favourites.
To help you group together resources relating to a particular subject, you can create collections. You can keep these private or choose to share them with other people.
- In the TRL, locate a resource you want to add to your new list.
- At the bottom of the resource page, click the dropdown arrow next to Add to favourites.
- Click Create new collection.
- Enter the name of the new collection and click OK.
- You can now add resources directly to the collection you have created (see above).
Once you have created a collection, you can share it with other people by sending them an email with a link to the collection. To do so:
- Visit your Favourites page:
- Select the collection you want to share and click Set public.
- Click Share collection.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to share the collection with and click Send.
Reviewing a resource
- In the TRL, locate the resource you want to review.
- At the bottom of the resource page, click Write review.
- Enter your review and click Submit review. Your review will appear at the bottom of the resource page.