New! Announcing a new webinar series on the WHO-UNICEF Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) assessment tool and how it can support the successful implementation of a national immunization continuous improvement plan (cIP). The four webinars will be:
- What is Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) and why is it so important?
- Planning and delivering an EVM assessment - who, when and how?
- Developing, implementing and validating a successful continuous improvement plan (cIP)
- What does EVM tell us about the evolution of immunization supply chains from 2010 to 2022?
EVM is a global initiative to increase immunization coverage through the continuous improvement of vaccine supply chains, ensuring potent, life-saving vaccines are available to vaccinate populations through the life course when and where they’re needed. EVM was launched in 2009. Drawing on lessons learnt conducting EVM assessments in more than 80 countries, and by leveraging developments in mobile and cloud-based computing, EVM2 was released in 2019. The new tool builds upon the original to provide countries with a broader, more powerful, more agile and more sustainable solution for improving immunization supply chain systems. For more information on EVM, visit the EVM website.
The first webinar of the series will take place at 15:00 Central European Time (CET) on Thursday, June 2, 2022 and will be presented by Dan Brigden (WHO HQ) and Olamide Folorunso (UNICEF HQ). The webinar will:
- Summarise the evolution of EVM from its release in 2010 to its relaunch in 2019
- Explore how EVM fits into and supports the four-step continuous improvement plan (cIP) process
- Describe how EVM works in practice
- Identify the benefits that EVM can provide to national immunization programmes, as well as to immunization professionals working at subnational levels
Register for the first webinar here:
We look forward to connecting with you!