|Event Date / Time:|
Empower is organizing the 3rd International Workshop and Study Tour on Ensuring Universal Health Coverage by Promoting Access to Life-Saving Medicines in Geneva, Switzerland scheduled from 20th to 24th August 2018. It’s a 5-day workshop and our participants will be public health professionals, program officers, supply chain professionals from various Ministries of Health, UN agencies, donor agencies, private and civil society organizations.
The Key Topics to be covered during the workshop are Universal Health Coverage, Access to Medicines, Key Components of PSM, Supply Chain - Levels of Maturity, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Sciences. This workshop will share with the participants how leading global health stakeholders are supporting the Universal Health Coverage agenda with the focus on access to essential medicines.
The overall objectives of the Workshop are:
- Interact with and learn from global health leaders from WHO, Global Fund, UNDP, Red Cross, GAVI, Stop TB and many more.
- Recognize the role and structure of leading global health organizations in promoting Universal Health Coverage
- Identify the key concepts of access to medicines and relationship with Universal Health Coverage
- Learn about improvements and innovation in access to new medicines
- Achieve personal growth in terms of leadership and management skills linked with global policies translated into local actions
This workshop is targeted at professionals in public health programs (donors, government, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, academia) and people interested in global health procurement and supply chain/logistics and universal health coverage.
Course fees: US$ 2500 which includes:
- One week face-to-face training in Geneva + two weeks of preparatory work
- Certificate from Empower Swiss
- Local transportation for field visits
- Technical assistance for one year
- Does not include – international travel, airport transfers, food and accommodation
Registration deadline: 5th August 2018