|Event Date / Time:|
Empower is organizing the 2nd International Workshop on MONITORING AND EVALUATION OF GLOBAL HEALTH PROGRAMS, scheduled from 05th– 13th September 2018 in New Delhi, India. The eight-day residential workshop on Monitoring and Evaluation of Global Health Programs will provide the platform for state of the art tools and techniques.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply the learning in various health programs on basic concepts and practical approaches towards effective programmatic monitoring and evaluation.
- Formulate a framework (result/logical/conceptual) on how the program or intervention will lead to specific health outcomes and impact.
- Analyze sources of data, their uses, issue of data quality and its importance in specific programs.
- Discuss and develop SMART program indicators based on an understanding of program-specific criteria.
- Review the various mapping and population size estimation techniques used for evaluating various health programs.
- Analyze the various approaches and methods of estimating program coverage.
- Review the various evaluation designs.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plan for health program by applying knowledge and skills gained throughout the course.
Some of the important topics of the workshop are:
- Developing M&E Plan
- Routine and Non-Routine Information Systems
- Frameworks and Indicators
- Gender Integration
- Population Size Estimation
- Size estimation methods like Census, Enumeration, Multiplier Method, Capture-Recapture, Network Scale-up, PLACE Tool
- Overview of Extrapolation Methodologies
- Different M&E tools: like PRISM, DQA, DDIU
- Surveys and Surveillance
- Evaluation and Operation Research
Facilitators for this workshop have rich experience working in HIV/AIDS and have authored documents, conducted workshops and provided technical assistance for HIV prevention programs. They also have rich experience in designing and implementing the research activities for many large-scale HIV/AIDS projects.
Course fee: US$ 3200 which includes:
- 8-day face-to-face workshop in Delhi
- Resources, course material, and workshop kit
- Accommodation for the duration of the workshop
- Breakfast, lunch, tea, and snacks during the workshop sessions
- Airport transfers and local transportation for field visits
- Certificate from Empower School of Health
- One-year of technical assistance
- Does not include – airfare, health insurance, visa fees, dinner or other travel expenses