If a country does not yet have an NLWG, the following questions can help determine the need for establishing one:
- Does your country lack a permanent logistics working group?
- Is the EPI manager and/or ICC willing to benefit from a dedicated immunization supply chain and logistics working group?
- Does the immunization supply chain and logistics system face issues and challenges that impede immunization performance in your country?
- Is there a need to improve the coordination of technical partners and donors supporting immunization supply chain and logistics activities?
- Do the ministry of health and the national immunization program need evidence-based decisions for improved immunization supply chain and logistics activities?
If there is a real need for an NLWG, a country can refer to the following process to establish an NLWG to help strengthen the national immunization system:
- Use advocacy to influence the willingness to create an NLWG.
- Issue a ministerial decree or another administrative mechanism.
- Issue terms of reference.
- Nominated chair and secretariat enroll technical experts.
- Develop NLWG strategic and operational frameworks.