Empower is organizing the 2nd International Workshop on Monitoring and Evaluation of Global Health Programs, scheduled from 05th– 13th September 2018 in New Delhi, India. The eight-day residential workshop will provide the platform for state of the art tools and techniques.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply the learning in various health programs on basic concepts and practical approaches towards effective programmatic monitoring and evaluation.
- Formulate a framework (result/logical/conceptual) on how the program or intervention will lead to specific health outcomes and impact.
- Analyze sources of data, their uses, issue of data quality and its importance in specific programs.
- Discuss and develop SMART program indicators based on an understanding of program-specific criteria.
- Review the various mapping and population size estimation techniques used for evaluating various health programs.
- Analyze the various approaches and methods of estimating program coverage.
- Review the various evaluation designs.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plan for health program by applying knowledge and skills gained throughout the course.
Some of the important topics of the workshop are:
- Developing M&E Plan
- Routine and Non-Routine Information Systems
- Frameworks and Indicators
- Gender Integration
- Population Size Estimation
- Size estimation methods like Census, Enumeration, Multiplier Method, Capture-Recapture, Network Scale-up, PLACE Tool
- Overview of Extrapolation Methodologies
- Different M&E tools: like PRISM, DQA, DDIU
- Surveys and Surveillance
- Evaluation and Operation Research
Facilitators for this workshop have rich experience working in HIV/AIDS and have authored documents, conducted workshops and provided technical assistance for HIV prevention programs. They also have rich experience in designing and implementing the research activities for many large-scale HIV/AIDS projects.
Course fee: US$ 3200 which includes:
- 8-day face-to-face workshop in Delhi
- Resources, course material, and workshop kit
- Accommodation for the duration of the workshop
- Breakfast, lunch, tea, and snacks during the workshop sessions
- Airport transfers and local transportation for field visits
- Certificate from Empower School of Health
- One-year of technical assistance
- Does not include – airfare, health insurance, visa fees, dinner or other travel expenses
Please follow this link for the online application form - goo.gl/3B6joR
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com and let us know if you need any other assistance.
Ms. Kavya RS | Training & Education Coordinator | Empower School of Health