Building Bridges to Stronger Leadership and Governance for Health
Strengthening Primary Health Care and Immunization in the post 2020 era in Africa
Thursday, April 25, 2019
9:00 -10:30 am | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Strong health leadership is not only critical to achieving universal health care (UHC), but is the driving force behind attaining and sustaining achievements in primary healthcare, immunization and other health goals. With shifts in global and country geopolitical dynamics, underperforming health systems, capacity gaps and inequities between and within countries’ the need for strong leadership is more important than ever.
Join John Snow, Inc and our distinguished panel to discuss the underlying enablers, and address ways to generate a pathway for strong leadership approaches post 2020. The webinar will build on the recent African Leadership Meeting and deepen the conversation on how a greater investment in leadership will be crucial to achieve UHC in Africa.
Hear from our expert panel, which includes:
- Dr. Margaret Agama-Anyetei, Head of Division Health, Population and Nutrition at African Union Commission
- Dr. Muhammad Ali Pate, Chief Executive Officer, Big Win Philanthropy and Adjunct Professor of Global Health, Duke University Global Health Institute
- Dr Ranjana Kumar, Senior Specialist, Country Governance, Leadership Management & Coordination, Gavi
- Dr. Possy Mugyenyi, National Technical Director for MCSP/SS4RI Uganda, John Snow, Inc.
- Professor Richard Adegbola, Independent Consultant, Immunization & Global Health at RAMBICON, Lagos, Nigeria
- Moderator: Dr. Folake Olayinka, Immunization Team Leader for Maternal and Child Survival Program, John Snow, Inc.
After your registration has been completed, you'll receive instructions for joining the meeting.
Need help? Go to http://collaborationhelp.cisco.com