mercredi 14 février 2007
  0 Réponses
  5.2K Visites
POST 01053E : VVM USE Follow-up on Posts 01028E, 01035E, 01042E and 01050E 14 February 2007 ________________________________________ This posting contains three contributions, from : 1. Vijay Kiran (mailto:[email protected]) from India. 2. Hans Everts (mailto:[email protected]) from WHO/ Geneva 3. Idrissa Yalcouyé (mailto:[email protected]) from Haïti who asks an interesting question. ________________________________________ I thank Giridhar Babu to have brought a very useful item to lime light. I agree with Dr. Babu, in that the quality of vaccines from the Govt. Institutions is good and dependable because systems are in place. Immunization from Private practitioners (Including Registered Medical Practioners) in India constitutes about 30% over all, and more so in urban areas. While there is no established system in the private practice for cold chain mantenence, - lack of supervision, lack of giuidelines, lack of regulatory mechanisms may lead to doubting the quality of vaccines administered from private sources. Better late than never, we can start focussing on these issues too. May be a small illustrative hand book on the cold chain, the latest schedule of vaccines would be useful to start with. Dr. Vijay Kiran Country Representative IMMUNIZATIONbasics New Delhi. --------------------- There seems to be a contradiction between "The non availability of refrigerator in most of the places makes it impossible to come out with general guidelines" and "But lack of uniform guidelines, regulation will make it difficult for the optimal utilisation for the community." I do not understand the objection against icepacks. I agree that with VVM we do not need icepacks everywhere, but they still serve a purpose in limiting the degradation of the VVM there where necessary. OPV should be stored at optimal quality everywhere to leave a margin of cold chain flexibility at peripheral level. The peeling off of the lable is often more due to the fact that blocks of ice rather than icepacks are used and can in all cases be prevented by putting the vials in a plastic bag. I think general guidelines can be very useful as long as they do not give standard prescriptive solutions. A general guideline should be based on the same ideas as micro planning for campaigns in that the local conditions play a key role in shaping the solutions. The guideline can help define options for solutions and set standards by which each solution should abide, in this case the status of the VVM. Hans Everts WHO Geneva Technical officer EPI ------------------------------- Hello, I find the discussions and exchanges of ideas on the use of VVM very interesting. I am in perfect agreement with Mr. Giridhara R Babu who requests not to complicate the use of VVM in the field. Nevertheless, I would like to ask a question concerning the various stages of VVM. Here in Haiti, people usually talk of VVM “advanced stage 1â€
Il n'y a pas encore de réponse à ce message.