HLN released a new version (v1.35.3) of the Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE). ICE is a state-of-the-art open source software system that provides clinical decision support for immunizations for use in Immunization Information Systems (IIS), Electronic Health Record (EHR), and
Personal Health Record (PHR) Systems.
Version 1.35.3 includes the following additions and updates, as noted in the Release Notes.
- Pneumococcal Vaccine Group Updates:
- Updated Pneumococcal rules to accommodate changes to the Adult Schedule
- Added support for new adult vaccines: CVX 215 (PCV15) and CVX 216 (PCV20)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Group Updates:
- Updated booster dose logic to recommend a 2nd booster dose, when applicable
- Updated the schedule for patients 6 months and over, and newer vaccines: CVX codes 219, 221, 227, 228, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 51
- Hep B Vaccine Group Updates:
- Added support for the CVX 220 (PreHevbrio) to the Hep B schedule
- Additional Updates:
- A new endpoint to request the version of the service that is running
- Fix for occasional getValidShotByDoseNumber() error
The most recent release of the open source Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE) can always be downloaded from the Downloads page on the ICE wiki.
Ongoing news about ICE will continue to be posted to the ICE News Page.
In 2021 ICE was chosen by the Digital Public Goods Alliance (DPGA) as an innovative openly licensed technology and listed in their Digital Public Goods registry.
Continuing Plans for COVID-19 Support in ICE
Once a vaccine has been approved for use by the FDA (either Expanded Access, EUA, or full licensure), the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) will hold an emergency meeting and publish recommendations in a very quick time frame (i.e. days). HLN intends to release a version of ICE that includes updated COVID-19 forecasting as early as possible. The initial release will contain COVID-19 logic that is known at the time of the release. As additional, relevant information on COVID-19 becomes available from official sources, HLN will continue to release additional versions of ICE, at appropriate times.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.