Monday, 18 December 2006
  0 Replies
  1.6K Visits
POST 01027E : SOLAR REFRIGERATOR Follow-up on Post 01019E 18 December 2006 _______________________________________ Anil Varshney (mailto:[email protected]) from India, sends this short comment following the announcement that the President of India had bought two solar units. _______________________________________ Its a wonderful begining and since costs have come down to what was mentioned earlier. I am sure the vaccine storage problem in remote places will be addressed adequately And also my comments to make this avaialble for commercial domestic market , profits from the domestic market can further subsidize the immunization program.When used for perishable items there will be huge savings for the farmers and increased revenue for the agriculture sector workers who can invest and spend more Regards, Dr Anil Varshney ---------------------- The principle and intention are excellent but unfortunately reality may be quite different. This issue is much broader than the field of vaccination itself. However what do you think? Indeed I believe that even at a much lowered price, poor farmers can never afford such a refrigerator, even a conventional one. This benefits only wealthier ones as usual and they have access to electricity anyway. Wouldn't it be more opportune to expand access to electricity nowadays being cautious however on the way to produce it? There would be significant scale economies that would benefit everybody, countries first. I am waiting for your comments. The Moderator ______________________________________________________________________________ All members of the TechNet21 e-Forum are invited to send comments on any posting or to use the forum to raise a new discussion or request technical information in relation to immunization services. The comments made in this forum are the sole responsibility of the writers and do not in any way mean that they are endorsed by any of the organizations and agencies to which the authors may belong. ______________________________________________________________________________ Visit the TECHNET21 Website at http://www.technet21.org You will find instructions to subscribe, a direct access to archives, links to reference documents and other features. ______________________________________________________________________________ To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message to : mailto:[email protected] Leave the subject area BLANK In the message body, write unsubscribe TECHNET21E ______________________________________________________________________________ The World Health Organization and UNICEF support TechNet21. The TechNet21 e-Forum is a communication/information tool for generation of ideas on how to improve immunization services. It is moderated by Claude Letarte and is hosted in cooperation with the Centre de coopération internationale en santé et développement, Québec, Canada (http://www.ccisd.org) ______________________________________________________________________________
There are no replies made for this post yet.