National Cold Chain Resource Centre (NCCRC) India,a Joint Initiative of Goverment of India,UNICEF-India Country Office & Goverment of Maharashtra.
The primary mandate for the centre is..
- Capacity building activities of Cold Chain EquipmentRepair, Maintenance and Management,
- Formulating technical specification of electrical and non-electrical cold chain equipment, spare parts , insulated and refrigerated vaccine van, temperature monitoring devices procured by MOHFW-Government of India,
- Undertaking performance assessment of Cold chain equipment of several brand procured by MOHFW and also on request of Industry,
- Undertaking innovation in cold chain technology,
- Provide technical support to MoHFW and states for critical cold chain equipment repairs.
- Development of guidelines for thematic area (Building for Vaccine stores, CCE and Transport) and (CC Equipment, spare partsand Newer Technology) of National Cold Chain and Vaccine Logistics Action Plan.
- Undertake regular seminars & organise workshop on immunization cold chain (Awareness among the Indian Manufacturers)
- Undertaking studies & assessments
- Work Beyond immunization (Training courses on Neonatal Equipment Repair & Maintenance & Handling
As the centre is striving for excellence,it has another feather in its cap...
The impact 3D modeling is undoubtedly the most transforming things to have happened, as an image speaks a thousand words. In consideration to this & to impart the trainings in more effective manner, NCCRC with support from UNICEF, has developed 3D models of “Components in Refrigeration Cycle” & “Model State Vaccine Store”. Have some glimpses over here, for the ready reference... These models made are realistic & easy to understand. As it requires fewer instructions with no language barriers, it will certainly make the things easier for learners to perform job related tasks.