I would like to share with you the good news of the online publication of the “Technical Supplements to Annex 9: Model guidance for the storage and transport of time- and temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical products” (a total of 447 pages). Our dear friend Andrew GARNETT was the series editor for the 16 technical supplements in addition to authoring four and co-authoring one of the supplements. This whole work would have not been possible without him. It was an intense 2-years of work to put these documents together. I miss him dearly…
I would like to thank all authors for bringing these technical supplements to life. I am sure that they will fill a big gap in the management of pharmaceuticals and will be used as reference materials by many individuals, institutions, organizations, agencies and the industry. Please share the links as widely you can.
1. Selecting sites for storage facilities (Andrew Garnett): Title
2. Design and procurement of storage facilities (Andrew Garnett): Title
3. Estimating the capacity of storage facilities (Andrew Garnett): Title
4. Building security and fire protection (Clare Barker): Title
5. Maintenance of storage facilities (Andrew Garnett): Title
6. Temperature and humidity monitoring systems for fixed storage areas (Jean Bédard): Title
7. Qualification of temperature controlled storage areas (Jean Bédard): Title
8. Temperature mapping of storage areas (Jean Bédard): Title
9. Maintenance of refrigeration equipment (Richard Lawton): Title
10. Checking the accuracy of temperature control and monitoring devices (Claude Haffner): Title
11. Qualification of refrigerated road vehicles (Richard Lawton): Title
12. Temperature-controlled transport operations by road and by air (Kevin O’Donnell and Jim Bacon): Title
13. Qualification of shipping containers (Kevin O’Donnell and Ben VanderPlas): Title
14. Transport route qualification (Kevin O’Donnell, Susan Li, Mark Maurice, Ken Maltas, Sally Eggers, and Andrew Garnett): Title
15. Temperature and humidity monitoring systems for transport operations (Kevin O’Donnell, Patrick McGrath, Umit Kartoglu, and Denis Maire): Title
16. Environmental management of refrigeration equipment (Richard Lawton): Title
All documents can also be reached from http://www.who.int/medicines/areas/quality_safety/quality_assurance/distribution/en/ (scroll down to Technical supplements to WHO Technical Report Series, No. 961, 2011).
TechNet-21 - Forum
Be one of the first to reply to this post!